CIRCUS ARTS AUSTRALIA REOPENING IN JUNE
The Reopening Update
We are very excited to share the news that we will be reopening our Sydney and Byron Bay venues in June. We have missed flying, flipping, climbing, bouncing and learning new tricks with you all!
However, to make sure that we provide you with a safe and enjoyable environment there will be some changes in the way we operate as we start to reopen our facilities. We would like to thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation.
Circus Arts Reopening – Brisbane
The reopening date at Golf Central in Brisbane is to be confirmed.
Circus Arts Reopening – Byron Bay & Sydney
Following the guidelines of the NSW Government, we will be reopening our Byron Bay venue on June 15th and we are aiming at reopening at Sydney Olympic Park during Phase 2 on June 20th, 2020.
TERM CLASSES & COURSES IN BYRON BAY
If you were booked in for Term 1 or one of our 6-week adult courses that were not completed due to our closure on 23rd of March, please note that casual credits for the remaining classes will be applied to your customer account.
To use these credits each participant will need to call our Reception on 02 6685 6566 to book the remaining classes. The credits will need to be used by 18th July 2020.
IMPORTANT CHANGES TO CHECK-IN PROCEDURES
INLINE WITH COVID-19
- If you are feeling sick, please stay at home.
- All classes will need to be booked in advance either online on our website www.circusarts.com.au or by calling our Reception on 02 6685 6566 or 0412 402 742.
- An Attendance Register will need to be filled in by each person entering the venue. The form will be provided at each venue.
- Physical distancing of 1.5m will need to be adhered to.
- Parents/guardians will need to drop kids off to their respective classes and avoid mingling in the venue. Unfortunately, due to COVID-19 guidelines, parents and guardians can not stay at the venue while kids are in classes, with the exception of classes where parental/guardian support is required (Tiny Tots class and Climbing Wall sessions in Byron Bay).
- Every participant must have their own drink bottle.
- No climbing shoes are available for rent for Climbing Wall in Byron Bay. Own shoes (soft-soled shoes are appropriate for Climbing Wall) will need to be worn.
- No socks are available for Play Space in Byron Bay. Own socks must be worn.
- Individual chalk and rosin will be available for purchase at Byron Bay venue. Chalk and rosin are for individual use only and not to be shared between the participants.
- Our schedules in all locations will be adjusted to fit in additional cleaning and physical distancing measures.
OUR COVID-19 SAFE PLAN
As a member of Gymnastics Australia, we will be operating under our COVID19 Safe Plan in accordance with QLD and NSW Government guidelines. All participants will need to agree to follow the guidelines of the below plan before partaking in any of the activities that we offer.
THE REOPENING PHASES
- Private lessons
- Parties and private groups
- Climbing Wall
- Performance troupes (acro, aerials, tramp)
- Intermediate classes (acro, aerials, tramp)
- Adult Aerials
- Intermediate & Advanced flying trapeze (no catching )
- Flying trapeze all levels (no catching)
- Tiny Tots & Kindergarten Circus
- Circus Play
- Trampoline, Aerials, Acro all levels
- all of the above as well as
- School Holiday programs
- Official Play Space reopening date is TBC
We are aiming to reopen on 20th June:
- Flying trapeze (no catching)
- Flying trapeze (catching?)
- School Holiday programs
- Flying trapeze with catches!
RENOVATIONS IN OUR BYRON BAY VENUE
The silver lining to the lockdown was that we were finally able to take on some major projects at our indoor venue in Byron Bay, also our HQ.
We got creative, got inspired, recycled and upcycled a lot and can’t wait to show you what we have created for you!
Climbing Wall: We repainted the whole wall to resemble the look of a canyon and are pretty stoked with the way it turned out – we hope you love it too!
Play Space: It has been our big dream to build a new and exciting Play Space that would bring the kids the magic and beauty of the circus…and we finally did it! The theme is this – a travelling circus comes to the seaside village. Yes, we are travelling back in time, and the village is our beautiful town of Byron Bay. We started by laying down a new soft floor and new grass. There’s a newly built Pirate Ship, a real rowing boat and many more attractions for kids to enjoy. The slide structure has been turned into a steam-punk looking old docks that kids will love crawling through and exploring every little bit of. And of course, the jewel of it all is the circus tent with the ticket booth, a vintage carousel and a stage where little ones can enjoy the beautiful world of play and imagination.
Lighting System: We have installed a new lighting system across the whole venue, which means better lighting during night classes, shows and events.
New Roof: New roof has been laid, which was part of the maintenance plan for the venue.
Bathrooms: All bathrooms have been given a coat of fresh paint and a very thorough deep clean.
Venue: Full venue deep clean.
Circus Arts Cafe: Upgrade to the cafe sitting area.