Corona Virus (COVID-19) Update
Circus Arts Australia Official Response to the Corona Virus (COVID-19) Health Alert
UPDATE [22 March 2020]
Due to COVID-19 precautions, we are suspending our classes in all venues as of Monday 23rd of March 2020.
We do not know when we will re-open but will aim to have classes available to start again by 27th of April 2020. However, keep checking our website and socials for updates.
What does this mean for your active bookings while we are closed?
– All Pre-Paid Packs and Memberships will have their expiry dates extended in retrospect once we re-open.
– All Drop-in class bookings between now and 27th of April will be cancelled and available to reschedule once we re-open.
– Byron Bay Term class bookings will have 3 class credits placed on their account to use as makeup sessions (weeks 8 – 10).
Thank you for understanding 🖤
Please send any questions or queries to email@example.com
Don’t be scared. Be prepared.
At Circus Arts, we pride ourselves on providing a friendly, inviting and safe environment for everyone that comes through any of our venues in Australia.
The safety of our students, staff, guests and their families is always our top priority and we understand you may have questions as the situation around the COVID-19 (Corona virus) pandemic continues to evolve.
There have been no reported cases of COVID-19 in any of our training facilities or the venues in which they occupy in Bryon Bay, Brisbane (Golf Central) and Sydney (Sydney Olympic Park Aquatic Centre).
In response to making an effort to flatten the curve in outbreaks across the country, we have reviewed our hygiene policy and procedures.
Here is a list of what we are doing to try and keep you as safe as possible:
- Increased frequency of venue cleaning
- Providing no-rinse spray bottles of EC2 sanitiser in areas of high usage (café, reception desk/play space entry, entry to training area, bathrooms, gym)
- Asking all students and staff to wash hands before class
- Asking all students and staff to stay at home if feeling unwell in any way
- Asking all students and staff to please contact us if they have been in contact with or become positive with the virus so that we can inform anyone in those venues so they can take appropriate action
- Limiting contact between coaching and students – no handshaking, hugging, fist-bumping or high fives, no partner work, only individual stretching and limited hands-on spotting techniques (contact spotting used only for necessary safety situations).
- Limiting the numbers on the flying trapeze platform to 1 participant and 1 instructor.
What can you do?
- If you are feeling sick or someone close to you has become sick in any way please refrain from coming to class
- Wash your hands frequently with soap
- Be informed – only follow advice from legitimate health and government websites. Misinformation only aids in spreading panic.
- Stay active. Healthy body. Healthy mind.
- Boost your immune system through eating a good diet and getting enough sleep.
- Socialize. Physical distancing does not mean we should stop talking to each other. Give and receive support from your loved ones and those in your community.
Circus Arts Flying Trapeze Classes in Sydney are still running this week but due to the closure of the Aquatic Centre at Sydney Olympic Park you will need to access the rig via the back vehicle gate by pressing the intercom and speaking to the staff in the control room.
They will open and grant access remotely and monitor via CCTV. Under no circumstances are students or staff to allow any unauthorised person on site without access being granted via the intercom.
The only access to the building will be for use of toilet facilities only via the ambulance bay auto doors (large auto doors leading from our main bridge walkway stairs) and you are only to use the family change rooms. No access to any other areas. If any incident/emergency occurs or staff require emergency first response please report to the pool control room.
Please note that at any time the restrictions in place to adhere to mass gathering numbers could change and we will advise when this occurs.
Keep an eye out on this page as we update our own policies but rest assured, if we need to close all prepaid packs, we will have their expiry dates extended to allow them to be used in the future.
Thank you for understanding and please take the necessary precautions and advice from the government health organisations to keep yourself, your families and circus community as safe as possible during this time.
*We will keep updating this page as news come in from the government health organisations.
Circus Arts Brisbane
Circus Arts Byron Bay
Circus Arts Sydney
Outdoor venue | Weather dependant