Careers at Circus Arts Australia
Acrobatics & Aerials Circus Coaches – Byron Bay
Circus Arts is Australia’s leading provider of circus and flying trapeze experiences for the general public with locations in Sydney and Byron Bay. We aim to provide a safe and supportive environment for participants to have fun and train in the all-inclusive and non-competitive environment of the circus.
We currently have multiple positions available starting January 2021 at our indoor Byron Bay location for experienced coaches that are able to train in at least one of the following disciplines:
- Troupe (higher level skills)
The right candidate will be:
- trained at a high level in either acrobatics or aerials
- will have experience in teaching a wide range of basic circus skills
- enjoy sharing their love of circus with people of all ages and abilities
- able to lead kids and adults classes
- creative and have experience in producing shows and performances
The right candidate will need to already be in Australia (or be able to make their way here to start the job) and have working rights (a valid working visa, student visa with working permissions, a permanent resident status or citizenship). One of the positions requires an ability to train our Acrobatics Performance Troupe and/or our Aerials Performance troupe.
We are looking for excellent communicators who can give participants a fun and memorable experience whilst ensuring they feel safe and secure at all times. Competent administration skills will be beneficial. The right candidates will need to obtain Working With Children check and First Aid Certificate.
This is a casual position averaging around 20 hours each week (including some weekend work) and increasing during school holidays.
If you love all things circus and live in the area (or are dreaming of a move to the beautiful Byron Bay) then we want to hear from you! You can learn more about us at www.circusarts.com.au
Please email your expression of interest and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
RECEPTIONIST (expressions of interest)
This position is be the main front of house and customer contact person for Circus Arts and is located in Circus Arts Byron Bay.
Administration experience is a must and any climbing/activity experience also desired.
APTITUDE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Exceptional customer service, while remaining calm and positive, as well as being accurate under pressure (customers and phones requiring attention simultaneously)
- This position requires the successful applicant to be punctual, presentable, personable, able to work effectively in a team and independently
- Required to show initiative and self-motivation in completing / finding extra tasks to complete and have excellent time management skills
- Must also be active and willing to learn basic climbing wall and circus coaching skills.
- Candidates will need to enjoy working with people of all ages and abilities, especially young children
- Experience with computers, Microsoft office (Word, Excel), booking systems, Google suite, email response efficiency and general computer competency is essential.
- Working With Children’s Check (WWCC) and First Aid Certification is required for this position.
- NSW RSA certificate desirable
- Availability to work Saturdays and evenings is required
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Reception desk – greeting customers, processing bookings in Bookeo, taking payments, answering phones, responding to emails and other reception duties
- Administration– processing end of day till reconciliation, Staff Rostering, Insurance registrations, incident reporting.
- Main Hall– General safety checks, i.e. identify hazards and areas needing maintenance
- Merchandise– sorting and keeping tidy, pricing and displaying
- Play space– Keeping tidy and cleaning after bookings
- Lost property– sort lost property
- Climb / Coach– as needed
Though the reception desk is this person’s primary role, this person needs to remain very versatile and jump into the which-ever role requires to be filled at the time. This could include doing a rock climbing briefing, occasionally assisting as a coach and then returning to other tasks. There will also be set Administration tasks assigned to this person as well as scheduled opening, closing times and other cleaning tasks.
Appropriate training will be provided for the right candidate.
If you love all things circus and live in the area, then we want to hear from you!
This is a casual/ part time role approximately 24 hours a week, for an immediate start.
Please send your resume/cover letter to: email@example.com
Flying Trapeze & Circus Coaches – Byron Bay & Sydney
If you would like to become a Flying Trapeze Coach you might be interested in enrolling in our Flying Trapeze Coaching Course. It is a unique course that will teach you all the skills necessary to become a Flying Trapeze Coach. The course is run at Circus Arts Byron Bay and consists of two stages STAGE 1 and STAGE 2.
We are always on the
The right candidate will be trained in all aspects of running a flying trapeze rig and will possess medium to high level flying trapeze skills. You will also have experience in teaching a wide range of basic circus skills and enjoy sharing your love of circus with people of all ages and abilities.
We are looking for an excellent communicator who can give participants a fun and memorable experience whilst ensuring they feel safe and secure at all times. Competent administration skills will also be looked upon favourably.
This is a casual weekend position, increasing to weekdays during school holiday periods.
For expressions of interest please fill in the application form below.